Faculty of Process and Systems Engineering
Both research and teaching in the Faculty of Process & Systems Engineering are concerned with the development of ecologically compatible material transformation processes. Technical processes are used to create products with specific characteristics based on raw materials that undergo chemical and physical or biological reactions. Process engineering brings about the transition from a raw material to a finished industrial product with the desired characteristics.
- Particle technology and particle systems – in particular manufacture, functionalisation, characterisation and handling of particulate products, e.g. powder and granulates
- Chemical product development and analytical product characterisation – e.g. synthesis of natural materials and active ingredients; organometallic compounds for semiconductor, sensor and catalyst technologies
- Innovative material and energy transformation processes – e.g. membrane reactors, fuel cell systems, chromatographic reactors, synthesis of antibodies
- Dynamics of process engineering systems – e.g. dynamics of bioprocesses, simulation and control of processes, multiphase flows and reactive flows
- Probability methods in engineering calculations – e.g. probabilistic safety analysis, uncertainties, fire and explosion protection