Elections have the purpose to ensure the right and the obligation of the members of the university of participating in the administration of the university. The length of the legislative period is regulated by the law. The elections for the following councils will take place during the time period from May 20th, 2019 until May 31st, 2019:
- University’s senate (only students),
- Faculty’s councils of all faculties (only students),
- Student’s council of the university (students, who are a member of the body of students),
- Student’s councils of the faculties (students, who are a member of the body of students)
Regarding the process of the electronic election please note the following information:
- Login at the LSF-portal (https://lsf.ovgu.de). For doing this, please use your university username and password.
- Once you logged in, you will find the topic “Online-Wahlen” on the top of the website. In addition, you can choose the sections “Wahlberechtigung anzeigen” (Show the permission to participate in the election) and “Zugang zum Wahlportal” (Starting the election process). The function “Zugang zum Wahlportal” directs you to another website where the election process will be conducted.
- After the successful re-direction please click on the button “Weiter zur Wahl”, which directs you to your ballot paper. You will have more than one ballot paper, one for each committee to elect. In correspondence with the regulation of university elections you have a certain amount of votes, which can be cast among the candidates. After casting your vote, please press “Stimmabgabe prüfen” (Check casted votes).
- In case there has been a mistake with your casted vote or you want to cast an invalid vote you have to confirm your vote. You may either correct your casted vote or confirm your invalid vote.
- The next window shows your casted vote for confirmation independent of step 4. You can verify that the system correctly processes your vote.
- After pressing “verbindliche Stimmabgabe” (binding cast of votes), the system confirms that you have casted your vote.
In due time the following documents and information will be provided:
- Time table for the elections in the summer term 2019 (only in German)
- Notice of election 2019 (only in German)
- Candidate Nomination Form (only in German)
- Application for Absentee-voting (only in German)
- Announcement of the nominations (only available in our Intranet)
- Preliminary Election Results (only available in our Intranet)
- Official Election Results (only available in our Intranet)
Application for Absentee-voting: Hint: Applications for absentee-voting can be submitted in the time from March 17th to April 24st. (13:00 h). The documents are only available after from May 10th . This deadline is due to the fact that the election documents also contain the ballot paper, which can only then be printed after they have been approved by the election committee.