Economic Policy Analysis
Economic Policy Analysis
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
No restricted admission
1. Relevant bachelor's, diploma, or comparable degree with at least 140 ECTS (at the time of applying), and an average grade of 2.9 or better, determined from the examination results.
- A study program is counted relevant, if the academic degree has been gained in the field of economics or at least 60 ECTS (EU degrees) or 12 modules (non-EU) have been acquired in business and economics courses, plus at least 18 ECTS (EU degrees) or 4 modules (non-EU) in courses of quantitative methods.
2. Proof of English language skills.
3. Proof of relevance with the faculty's verification form.
Applicants who have obtained their bachelor's degree at the Faculty of Economics and Management of Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg do not have to prove the relevance of a completed undergraduate degree, as this information is already known to the faculty.
4. Letter of motivation in English, containing no more than 450 words, which illustrates the professional and academic interest in the chosen master's program, presents the applicant's special skills and knowledge, and sets out personal expectations regarding the content, methods, and study processes of the chosen master's program. Application deadline Applicants with international Bachelor degree über uni-assist August 20 Aplicants with German Bachelor degree an der OVGU 30 September Language English
The research-oriented master's program Economic Policy Analysis provides students with skills necessary to analyze independently complex economic issues using theoretical and empirical methods.
The study program focuses on the analysis of economic policy measures in various policy areas (e.g. trade policy, labor markets, social policy and environmental policy). The study program applies and explains empirical procedures of evidence-based policy analysis, as well as behavioral economic methods, such as laboratory experiments.
Teaching language is English. The student body is multinational. It is also possible to take German-language modules at the faculty in the field of specialization and supplementary areas.
The Economic Policy Analysis degree program qualifies graduates for management and specialist tasks in all areas of national and international public organizations, private companies, as well as in university and non-university scientific institutions. Graduates are particularly qualified for jobs and positions in all areas in which economically relevant policy measures are decided upon, conceived or analyzed (ministries, economic research institutes, associations, economic analysis departments in companies, economic university institutions).
Graduates of the program are excellently prepared for admission to a doctoral program in economics.
Competencies and Interests Required
The study program is designed for students with an educational background in economics. Prospective students should have an interest in economic issues relating to economic policy, and have a good or even excellent knowledge of quantitative methods (mathematics, statistics, econometrics ...), and as well have a confident command of spoken and written English on the C1 level.
Last Modification: 22.07.2020 - Contact Person: