International Technical and Vocational Education and Training
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Winter and summer semester
Bachelor degree, higher education diploma or an equivalent degree. The study degree should be from the field of education, economics, cultural studies, social sciences, technical or natural sciences and consist of a minimum of 180 credit points.
Proof of previous work experience of at least 6 months.
At least TestDaF Level 3 at the time of application and TestDaf Level 4 at the time of registration of the Master Thesis. Equivalent certificates will be recognized.
TOEFL or equivalent test. Minimum TOEFL score: 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), 79 (internet-based test). IELTS (Academic Version): minimum overall band score of 6.0
Minimum number of students per intake:
- 15 participants in the German profile
- 11 participants in the English profile
Without admission restriction
The degree course has an international orientation. It prepares the students for higher (or senior) positions in the field of education and further education (e.g. in European vocational education institutions or economic educational institutions), especially in an international context. Positions in the field of training aids, research on vocational education or in the international development cooperation can also be pursued.
The master's degree assures that the students dispose of the necessary knowledge and ability for the transition into the professional practice and are capable of applying scientific methods and concepts.
The integrated internship ensures that the students gain competences in the field of international collaboration. Furthermore they have the chance to improve their language and communication skills.
The academic degree "Master of Science" entitles to the pursuit of a Ph.D program.
This internationally oriented study program prepares you for tasks in middle and superior management positions in the field of vocational education and training, e.g.
- Management and coordination of initial and further training especially at companies; with an international orientation
- Management of TVET projects in the context of international development cooperation and in international organizations;
- Teaching in further education programs at national and international vocational education institutions;
- Consulting, e.g. in the learning and teaching aids sector;
- Development cooperation in international TVET policy contexts;
- National and international TVET research
Competencies and Interests Required
Potential students should have a general interest in
- Education and training processes,
- Different topics in technical and vocational education and training,
- TVET research
- International development cooperation,
- International tasks in educational policy-making and administration
Against this background, intercultural competence and openness are important key competences.
German Profile: 1500 /Semester
English Profile: 2000 /Semester