With 13 partner universities in Central and Eastern Europe plus and annual budget of Euro € 100,000 OVGU is one of the largest project partners in the DAAD "Eastern Partnerships" programme.
The aim of the Eastern Partnerships programme is to promote partnerships between German universities and universities in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the CIS.
This is intended to make a contribution towards
- consolidating existing and initiating new, lasting partnerships with universities in the target region;
- wide-ranging cooperation in teaching and research;
- the exchange of researchers, post-graduates and students within the framework of partnerships;
- lasting structural improvement in teaching and research conditions in the partner countries;
- internationalising the German and foreign universities.