Performance Analysis of Sport (IMPAS)
(Programme Subject to Fee / no enrolment to the winter semester 2013/14)
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Bachelor in Sports Science, Sports and Engineering or Physiotherapy
Application deadline: no enrolment to the winter semester 2013/14
- July 1 (German applicants)
- March 31 (International applicants)
The inter-university Master involves three European universities: Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg (Germany), Nottingham Trent University (United Kingdom) and Universitat de València (Spain).
It aims to train experts in Performance Analysis in Sport, to offer specialised quality education to meet labour market demands in the sport training area and to provide graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills for them to develop a career in international settings.
The master opens a professional qualification avenue in the specific field of sports and rehabilitation. The curriculum is intended to prepare students in the following professional areas:
- Performance Analysis in sports clubs, research institutes or rehabilitation centres
- Design of training programmes for sports people
- Project management in Technical Departments of national and international sports organisations
- Supervision and development of athlete follow-up plans in sports clubs and research laboratories (technical documents, experimental systems, laboratory education, etc.), with special attention to the new technologies
- Positions directly linked to Sport Performance research
Competencies and Interests Required
The master course is targeted at graduates and professionals preferably from the Degree in Physical Education and Sports.
It requires profound knowledge of biomechanics, anatomy and physiology, physical motor activity and psychology, experience in coaching and competition in leisure and/or competitive sports as well as experience as coach or instructor, team spirit.
TOEFL is required to prove English language proficiency.
Prof. Dr. paed. habil. Hökelmann, Anita
Zschokkestr. 32, 39104, Magdeburg