International Vocational Education
The study program “International Vocational Edcuation” is a dual degree course in cooperation with the Anglia Ruskin University Chelmsford/Cambridge. The cooperation with other international universities is basically possible. Languages of the program are German, as well as a second language or in English as a general rule.
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Winter and summer semester
A completed degree course on bachelor level, with an above average graduation or an equivalent in the field of pedagogical, cultural, social, technical, economical or scientific studies.
Standard requirements of language skills
(for non-native speakers):
For the two-language program:
- German: TestDaF level 4
- Second language (e.g. English): grading test at the international cooperation institution
- For the English program:English: TOEFL test with at least 550 points
For the one-language program:
- German: TestDaF level 4
- English: TOEFL test with at least 550 points
Without admission restriction
Application at the University of Magdeburg
English Program: minimum of 11 participants
German Program: minimum of 14 participants
- winter semester: September 15
- summer semester: March 15
- winter semester: July 15
- summer semester: January 15
The degree course is internationally oriented. It prepares the students for higher (or senior) positions in the field of education and further education (e.g. in European vocational education institutions or economic educational institutions), especially in an international context. Positions in the field of training aids, the science of vocational education or in the international development assistance can also be pursued.
The master's degree assures, that the students dispose of the necessary knowledge and ability for the transition into the professional practice and are capable of using scientific methods and insights.
The integrated visit abroad as well as the practical studies ensure that the students gain competences in the field of international collaboration. Furthermore they have the chance to improve their English skills.
The academic degree "Master of Science" entitles to a Ph.D program.
Senior positions in:
- international administration and research facilities
- international large industrial companies
- institutions of the international development assistance
- companies for human resource development
Competencies and Interests Required
You are interested in:
- an international oriented working place,
- the immersion of your foreign-language competence and
- getting to know other cultures.