Performance Analysis of Sport (IMPAS)
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Bachelor in Sports Science, Sports and Engineering or Physiotherapy or a technical discipline with a minimum grade point average of 2,5 on the German scale
- Limited number of places (5 up to 7 per year)
- application through uni-assist
The inter-university Master involves three European universities: Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg (Germany), University Trás-os-Montes Vila Real (Portugal) and the Lithuanian Sports University Kaunas (Lithuania).
It aims to train experts in Performance Analysis in Sport, to offer specialised quality education to meet labour market demands in the sport training area and to provide graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills for them to develop a career in international settings.
The master opens a professional qualification avenue in the specific field of sports and rehabilitation. The curriculum is intended to prepare students in the following professional areas:
- Performance Analysis in sports clubs, research institutes or rehabilitation centres
- Design of training programmes for sports people
- Project management in Technical Departments of national and international sports organisations
- Supervision and development of athlete follow-up plans in sports clubs and research laboratories (technical documents, experimental systems, laboratory education, etc.), with special attention to the new technologies
- Positions directly linked to Sport Performance research
Competencies and Interests Required
The master course is targeted at graduates and professionals preferably from the Degree in Physical Education and Sports.
It requires profound knowledge of biomechanics, anatomy and physiology, physical motor activity and psychology, experience in coaching and competition in leisure and/or competitive sports as well as experience as coach or instructor, team spirit.
TOEFL is required to prove English language proficiency.
Prof. Dr. Hökelmann, Anita
Zschokkestr. 32, 39104, Magdeburg